It is no secret that eyebrows frame your face and highlight your features. Defining your brows also opens up the eye area and creates a more youthful look. Alas, not all of us are blessed with perfectly groomed brows that complement our face shape and features. Did you know that the shape, thickness and even colour of your brows all play a role in accentuating your natural beauty?
If shaping and filling in your eyebrows is part of your daily makeup routine or if you have absolutely no idea how to achieve those perfect arches by yourself, perhaps it’s time to consider eyebrow embroidery, a beauty trend that has been in the spotlight more than ever in recent years.
Eyebrow embroidery, also known as microblading, is a semi-permanent makeup technique that uses semi-permanent pigments to fill in your brows. This trend first originated in Asia, but it is fast gaining popularity in the west as well.
Why is eyebrow embroidery so popular? Let us fill you in.
- It looks natural. Can’t seem to find an eyebrow pencil that matches your brow colour or unsure how to achieve your desired eyebrow shape? An experienced beauty consultant will be able to give your brows definition by shaping them using colour pigments that match your natural brow colour to flatter your facial features
- Downtime is manageable. One common concern among customers is the downtime after eyebrow embroidery. Korean Combo Eyebrow Embroidery is a unique technique with zero downtime and no interruption to your beauty regime. The effect is so natural that you are able to step out of the shop confidently with perfectly groomed brows, without anyone noticing that you have had eyebrow embroidery done. There is some downtime with other traditional techniques in the form of redness, much darker brows and scabbing. On a positive note, the downtime is generally only about a week and has no impact on your daily routine. Aftercare is of paramount importance during this transition period and customers are encouraged to maintain good hygiene for optimal results.
- The procedure lasts for an average of 2 hours. On a tight schedule? Squeezing in an appointment would not be an issue for time-strapped individuals as the eyebrow embroidery process only takes about 2-3 hours. Your brow consultant will discuss the preferred style, shape, and colour of your brows with you before she proceeds to neaten and fill in your brows to alter its appearance. To further enhance the colour of your brows, natural pigments used can be customized accordingly to suit your hair colour. Once the desired shape has been achieved, the actual microblading begins. This takes less than an hour to complete.
- Treatment is pain-free and your comfort is ensured throughout. There is little discomfort during a beauty procedure such as eyebrow embroidery. Before microblading begins, your consultant applies a numbing cream or topical anesthetic to the area to ensure that the process is comfortable and relatively painless. While everyone’s pain threshold is different, most would agree that the pain associated with eyebrow embroidery is very bearable and rather similar to eyebrow plucking.
- It’s long-lasting. Eyebrow embroidery can last between 18 months to 2 years on average. The pigment fades gradually over time, hence it is necessary to visit your brow consultant for touch-ups. The good news is, you’ll never have to draw your brows on a daily basis again and you get to catch up on more beauty sleep too!
- It’s safe. This beauty treatment is very safe as long as you visit an experienced and reliable beauty consultant with a keen eye for detail. Check out the salon’s reviews online, visit the beauty salon you have shortlisted to request for photos of their past work and clarify any doubts you may have before you take the plunge. Take your time to observe the surroundings as well as their interactions with customers. Excellent customer service and professionalism are important factors that affect your overall experience too. You need to feel comfortable with your brow consultant to know that you are in good hands.If you have always been unhappy with your brows, eyebrow embroidery might just be the solution that you have been looking for. Simplify your beauty regime and wake up with beautifully groomed brows every morning.Now, you can step out of your house confidently with brows that are always on point. Schedule an appointment with a reputable brow consultant today.